this post was submitted on 15 Feb 2026
14 points (100.0% liked)

World News

39384 readers
642 users here now

News from around the world!

Rules:

founded 6 years ago
MODERATORS
 

MSF on Saturday suspended all its noncritical medical operations at Nasser Hospital, citing security breaches that posed “serious” threats to its teams and patients. The Geneva, Switzerland-based charity said there had been an increase in patients and staff seeing armed men in parts of the compound since a United States-brokered ceasefire between Israel and Hamas was reached in October last year.

But the hospital said the MSF issued statements that “misrepresent facts and mirror narratives historically used to justify attacks” on hospitals, “despite full transparency and repeated clarification”.

“Such statements are not neutral. They foreseeably endanger Nasser Hospital Complex, serving over one million civilians, by undermining its protected status under international humanitarian law. MSF is aiding in manufacturing consent for attacks against the hospital,” it said.

no comments (yet)
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
there doesn't seem to be anything here